Automatic update of midi files between our devices

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Hello ! if possible in the future, I think it would be interesting for the Midi files that we add to our Synthesia library, it will be automatically updated between our devices (PC, tablet, mobile)
Example of use:
- In the PC we create and modify our MIDIS, these would be sent to our tablet or telephone automatically through the network (data, Wifi) to use them in our piano or musical keyboard.

note: It would be very interesting to also update the metadata of our fingerings created.

A cordial greeting to the team! ;)
thiagolr

Post by thiagolr »

I support this idea, it would be awesome!

Another possibility would be to add a network share as a song folder, I think this would be enough for most use cases.

At the moment I'm sending the songs/metadata via WhatsApp to myself and I added the WhatsApp Documents folder as a synthesia folder.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This sort of thing is probably becoming closer to an expectation than anything these days. Back in 2006 when the first version was released, I'm not sure anyone was doing "cloud saves" yet (or even much talking about clouds), but now having all of your progress sync'd everywhere is practically ubiquitous.

The trick these days is to do it without compromising a user's privacy. (Also: to keep server overhead low because I refuse to charge people a subscription. So, I'd need to design the service with a very small compute, transfer, and storage footprint.)