Resizing FreePlay Window

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
viddavisda

Post by viddavisda »

A couple of feature requests. Could you put a toggle on the chord analysis in FreePlay. It would be nice to be able to turn it off. But more importantly, can you make the window resizable so that only the keyboard can be viewed? I like to use the keyboard with my online teaching on Zoom and it would be really useful to be able to have a window that has only the keyboard in it. Thank you for considering this.

Oh yeah, it would be nice to be able to have two midi channels to input in freeplay in different colors. Then RH and LH could be demonstrated perfectly irregardless of split point (by inputting from two keyboards).

Dave Davis
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Organists would like this too. And if it can be generalize to multiple input channels that would be nice. Four channels are pretty common, 3 keyboards and a pedalboard.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Coming in Synthesia 10.8, I've added an advanced option ("FreePlay.ShowChordName") that can be disabled to hide the chord names during Free Play.

I do like the "multiple input channels should show up as different colors" idea. That one will take more work though.

What did you mean by a resizable window? As long as you're not in full-screen mode (press Alt-Enter to toggle it), you should be able to make the window relatively short. I was able to get it to about half keyboard / half falling notes just now. Did you really mean you wanted the window to only show the keyboard?