remap mod-wheel?

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
reachdabeach

Post by reachdabeach »

The reason it is a question mark is I don't know whether your internal soft synth or VirtualMIDISynth supports expression and/or the sound controllers specified in GM 2 expression. If those are supported, it would be nice to be able to remap MIDI CC messages, either generally or just from the mod-wheel. One example of why - it would really be nice is if I could adjust decay on strings while playing.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I believe the built-in synth (which uses Un4seen's BASSMIDI) does support many (most?) of the GM 2 sound controllers. In terms of remapping, you could probably already do something like this on Windows by passing things through MIDI-OX first and using its data mapping feature to transform certain messages into others.
reachdabeach

Post by reachdabeach »

You use BASSMIDI? No wonder I couldn't tell any difference trying VirtualMIDISynth; that's what it uses also. I have played around with the soundfonts and currently using Timbres of Heaven. I tried the Giant one and really wasn't impressed. 24 bit samples don't help if the instruments being sampled are not that great. I would really like to find slur in strings. I am not sure how likely that is. I can get it in some VSTs in DAWs, but I want it while learning also or it throws me off trying to add it after drilling without it.