Larger interface for selecting user profile. And one question about versions

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
bluesdance

Post by bluesdance »

Right now the user profile selector is in a little popup window obviously designed for 3 or 4 or maybe 7 names. But I have a lot more names because of my teaching environment. It is slow and awkward to find a kid’s name in the tiny little box. So, I am requesting that the selector box be much taller. Thank you!

Also: I seem to have a verision that is "preview-11.0" but it looks like the most recent dev updates are actually on the 10.x branch so… should I switch to that? What is the deal here? Thanks
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sorry for the confusion on the development previews. The latest 10.7 version is newer than the 11.0 preview, which is counterintuitive.

The definitive answer is always:
  • If you want the latest official release, use the big buttons on the download page.
  • If you want to try the very latest features being tested, use the pink box at the top of the dev updates forum.
That won't ever lead you astray. The 11.0 preview hasn't been available from either of those places in a couple years now.

Otherwise, you're absolutely right about the profile selection popup. It was designed for family/home use in mind. For a classroom, you'd almost want something closer to a login screen, wouldn't you? Something where you can just type a name in?