a keyboard per hand and/or "linked" keyboards

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
reachdabeach

Post by reachdabeach »

I doubt you want to go to the trouble since there are probably few people with interest in doing this, but it would be nice if I could assign left hand to my little 32 key controller and right to my larger 47 key. Besides giving me 79 keys (really 78, as one key would overlap) if linked (meaning just treat it like one bigger keyboard), it would let me practice getting the dexterity of one above the other, plus key sizes are different. I think not linked would be more useful - each with an independent range. There are some songs I would like to learn that aren't for the piano and the instruments I would choose to play have overlap; if the flute has a run with a guitar doing arpeggios in the middle of it, that's a problem on one keyboard. If anyone else is reading this and thinks it's a good idea, chime in; maybe it's not just me.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

(Sorry for the five month wait!)

There isn't anything built into the app for this sort of thing, but if the devices themselves have an octave shift feature (and the smaller controllers with only a handful of octaves usually do), you could just enable both as input devices and manually shift them to the appropriate octave. It wouldn't be perfect (and it wouldn't solve the overlapping instruments problem), but it would get you most of the way there.