Visual Effects (Like SeeMusic/Embers.app)

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
timwat

Post by timwat »

Competition seems to be heating up for piano visualisation. I understand that Synthesia has a slightly different goal, but, as the demand for Synthesia Video Creator shows, there is a crossover. I think comparison and competition are therefore inevitable.

SeeMusic and, now, Embers.app are showcasing some amazing visualising effects, and you can also play in real time (equivalent to Synthesia's Free Play mode) with them:

Embers.app Demo Video (YouTube embed is not working)

SeeMusic:

Is there a plan to provide upgraded visuals like these as an option in the future?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It's not a particularly high priority (mostly because these other apps already exist as an alternative--demand for the Video Creator was before any of the others were available), but I do have something on the list for the visualization. Literally the very next line after "Synthesia 11 is complete", I wanted to try something fun with a fluid dynamics simulation for the particles.

I suspect it's going to be a little more subdued than the YouTube-style visualizations, so that it's actually useful instead of looking like--to borrow an expression from the Girlfriend Reviews YouTube channel--Diarrhea Christmas Lights. (That screenshot you posted and the video thumbnail below are both usability disasters for someone that actually wants to follow along and not just be wowed by the shiny colors on their screen.) :lol:

Also: YouTube embeds are working. They're just a little... strange. hehe.

timwat

Post by timwat »

Yes, I agree that usability is important as well. I'm going to opt to use Synthesia for piano tutorial visualisation I'll be making for that reason: being able to show bar lines, note names in solfage, a simple score, etc. So, it'd be great to keep those for any visualisations, as well as perhaps adding fanciful visuals for other purposes.

How do you get the embedding to work?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The one up above was just:

Code: Select all

[youtube=640,386]2n0IkRRX52w[/youtube]
The 640,386 is the width/height (in pixels) you'd like the embed. And the part between the tags is the video ID that you can get from the "v" parameter in the YouTube URL.
timwat

Post by timwat »

Awesome, thanks :D Here's one of my videos, synchronised with a Musescore score (MusicXML/Synthesia 11 preview?)

anthenius

Post by anthenius »

Hello, Can I ask how you got the music sheet to be the same as the score.
I have tried with the midi and XML file. They both seem to place the lower notes that I have notated on the treble clef down into the base clef and vise versa.

Cheers Anthenius
Bavi_H

Post by Bavi_H »

Note: timwat's video is two different sources edited together. The music score part is from MuseScore:
timwat wrote: 10-06-21 2:05 pmHere's one of my videos, synchronised with a Musescore score