Keep the logged-in name in the top right for more of the interface

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
bluesdance

Post by bluesdance »

I work in a room with lots of different students and I want to be sure that the score will go under the right name before I have the kid play. Thanks 😁
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The super-fastest way I could imagine adding this would be by putting the user's name in the window title so it was always present. This would be useful on PC and Mac when you weren't in full-screen mode. Would that work for your purposes? Or do you have the app completely full-screen (using the Alt-Enter shortcut)?
bluesdance

Post by bluesdance »

title bar is ok by me!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It was so fast/easy to add, that I included it in yesterday's development preview already!

You can use that immediately, or if you prefer to wait, the official version of Synthesia 10.8 should be released early next week. (It's essentially done. I just try to avoid making releases right before the weekend.) :D
blueguse

Post by blueguse »

Can this be added to the app too? My kids keep giving me credit for their hard work. :)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, there isn't a nice global place to put something in the tablet versions. Do you have any suggestions where you'd like to see the profile name somewhere on the in-game screens themselves? I probably wouldn't put it on the play screen, but maybe on the settings screen just before it?
bluesdance

Post by bluesdance »

the CONTINUE button doesn’t seem to have a purpose in life so it could be replaced with the name