“Why am I a boy?” -student

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
bluesdance

Post by bluesdance »

Please give more options for the profile icon.

Or change it to something completely nonspecific like an eighth note or something.

But I think it would be more fun to like allow me to select any one of the 3,000+ existing emoji. So profile icons could be like a unicorn or a crying kitten or a rocket ship or sushi or whatever. That should be doable, right? Maybe? 🥸
this icon does not work for everyone.
this icon does not work for everyone.
Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 10.01.26.png (9.92 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hrm, this is the second time I've heard something like this. You are correct. The intent was to distinguish between the anonymous profile and non-anonymous profiles, but my approach had unintentional side-implications. Please make my apologies to your students.

It would be nice to have time to make a larger effort here like custom photos or even something simple like a single emoji like you suggested. Unfortunately, either of those would require new technology to be added to the under-the-hood engine that runs Synthesia. Even though I agree those solutions would be more fun, it's harder to justify the effort when I'm on the beeline "Better Sheet Music!" Synthesia 11 path.

The shortest path right now is to simply remove the icons altogether. 10.8 is too close for that change this time, but it's near the top of the list for 10.9.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The official 10.8.5686 build now has those profile icons removed.