Synthesia Video Creator rebirth

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Piotr Barcz

Post by Piotr Barcz »

I'm still confused as to why this program has gone into hiding, It's extremely helpful!

Would it be possible to revamp the program and add a feature where you can select multiple midi files and have them render out one at a time, as one video file instead of a billion, and with each video simply named the same as the midi? I mass produce Synthesia video tutorials and this would make my job much easier.

Here's a couple more features I think would be really helpful: Add a checkbox to make the video background completely black instead of having to import a black photo and also maybe you guys could make a feature that disables audio rendering so it's not necessary to delete the Wavetable synth audio in a video editor to substitute the audio for better VST rendered content.

Nick, please, consider this at least, the Video Creator would save so many YouTubers hardship with bad audio and jittery video and probably a ton of money that would be wasted on screen recorders!!!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I hadn't heard the solid black background request before. Would 32-bit output with an alpha channel be even better? Then you don't have to use the overlay/screen/lighten/multiply types of layer effects and could simply drop it in on top of whatever you wanted and get a perfect cut-out.

Otherwise, all of that stuff is on the list: integrating it right into the Synthesia app itself (so the video creating part always stays perfectly up to date with the changes in the app), command-line support for encoding videos so you can batch them instead of doing a single render at a time, more output formats than WebM and AVI, and I'd even like to add VST support directly to save people the audio-swapping step altogether.

... it's just farther down the list than Synthesia 11. I've been promising Synthesia 11 to users since before the Video Creator utility existed. I have to finish it at some point! So this list will be completely wiped out to zero before I get there. Sorry for the wait in the meantime!
WoodyPianoShack

Post by WoodyPianoShack »

I eagerly look forward to you integrating a video render function into Synthesia, I can never get the external program to render correctly and none of my video editors can handle webm and AVI is just too massive.

Would love to see that feature, as all the competition offer built-in rendering and wouldn't want synthesia, the original and best to become left behind!
Visit Woody in the Piano Shack for free piano lessons, song tutorials & gear reviews!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

WoodyPianoShack wrote: 07-27-22 12:59 pm... and AVI is just too massive.
If you use a modern codec like Xvid, it can be as small and fast to render as typical H.264 video. AVI is just the container format. The codec you choose is what determines the size of the data that fills the container.

(Otherwise, the video creator overhaul is still past the end of the Synthesia 11 task list.)