Select a part of the song you want to learn and save it separately

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Atonal

Post by Atonal »

Sometimes, you just don't want to learn the whole 10-minute piece. It would be great if there was a way of trimming down a song into a custom length and saving it separately so that it has its own learning completion stats. In the current system, I know it would be pretty easy to just add a way to cut the song and save it as its own file but in the interest of the organization, I think it would be even better to save custom time selections in the menu of the original song. But really, either way would be fine. Thanks!
icuurd12b42

Post by icuurd12b42 »

B to access bookmark. Click the sheet music where you want to place/remove a bookmark. 1 through 0 to skip to bookmarks
Bookmarks.png
Bookmarks.png (157.21 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
Atonal

Post by Atonal »

That's cool but it's not exactly what I had in mind. I want to create selections of the song that have their own stats for the learning games so that I can learn them separately from the main song.
icuurd12b42

Post by icuurd12b42 »

I been using MidiEditor since 2006

It's quite easy to use and it's free

You cant go wrong with OG software...

google MidiEditor-3.1.0

To set up playback, go to Midi/Setting to set the I/O to Microsoft Wave Table

Open the file
Select the notes you want. copy...
Create a new File File/New (Close without saving if asked)
Paste the notes in the new blank file and save
You cant paste between multiple instances of the app though.
icuurd12b42

Post by icuurd12b42 »

I just clued in on the fact I don't think the midis included are included as midi files... duh.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

They're not hard to get out of the .exe. If you have 7-Zip or something like Resource Hacker, you can extract the music.zip file in just a couple clicks.
icuurd12b42

Post by icuurd12b42 »

Yeah, I now realize the OP must have been talking about his own midi file from the 10 minute mention given most midi packaged with the sw are mostly short songs or snippets of longer ones :)