Chord Name with Inversions/Enharmonic Equivalents

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
psscin01

Post by psscin01 »

Hi Nicholas,

I wanted to let you know that all the previous issues I posted about have been resolved and your program, along with onlaj's, is working perfectly! We are definitely going to implement the classroom function that you directed me to in the other post. I looked through the forum, but I didn't see this question yet.

I was wondering if there was a way to include features in free play that would show not just what the chord name is, but also it's inversion? C#m/E, for example. Or, even include a dropdown menu to establish a tonic which would give you the Roman numerals as you play them? This could become my go to program for my AP Theory course if there was some way to apply this. Thank you so much for your efforts and keep up the great work!!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

(Sorry for the wait on this!)

You didn't see this question yet because you are the first person to ask! :D

I already had planned on (eventually) allowing users to choose a key on the Free Play screen, if only to get keyboard/note labels that were more relevant to whatever they were working on. But I hadn't considered the additional wealth of theory info we could show on top of that once we were in the context of a particular key. Inversions and chord numbers are both great ideas.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I didn't add inversions (yet), but the latest Synthesia 10.9 preview now does Roman numerals. (You can pick a Major or minor key from the new gear menu.)