Freestyle mode

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
BazC

Post by BazC »

I'm not sure if this is already possible but I'd like to be able to play while no midi is playing or while the midi file is paused. Since I've read that the next version will allow you to hear "wrong" notes this should be fairly easy?

The reason I'd like this is twofold, one it would allow me to practice "freestyle" without following a midi file without having to run a complex sequencer programme (I have Ableton Lite but I'd love a simple app that allowed me to simply practise without all the extra complications) and also it would allow you to pause a file and quickly run over a phrase a few times without having to rewind/fast foward over and over again.
BazC

Post by BazC »

I just realised you can already do this by setting the speed to zero!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah, the new version with the "play all user input" option is up. It still doesn't sound exactly like what you were looking for, but it should be a lot closer. Let me know.
BazC

Post by BazC »

Nicholas wrote:Yeah, the new version with the "play all user input" option is up. It still doesn't sound exactly like what you were looking for, but it should be a lot closer. Let me know.
No it's not exactly what I wanted, ideally I'd like to be able to play with no midi file loaded, also while a midi file is paused. However play all user input with speed set to zero is a good workround for now!