Stop mode

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Michael
Synthesia Donor

Post by Michael »

Here is an idea on how to get improve the learning aspect of Synthesia:
A stop mode, it will only play when you hit the keys. That is the notes come falling down, but once they hit the bottom, they won't just fall thru and you missed them, but rather the whole song would stop until you hit them (or at least some of them). That way the tempo would be driven by the user and he could learn how to play songs he hasn't played before without having to worry about the timing and keeping up with the song. He could also take a little break to focus or what not, or ponder on how to play the next gazilion notes that suddenly appeared on screen, etc..
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I think there is another one like this running around on another one of the pages here (although the requests are starting to pile up at this point and even I couldn't find it).

Still, it's a very good idea. Then you will actually get a chance to internalize what you're playing instead of just scrambling to hit something close enough. In the middle of next month when I get the feature voting up and running, I suspect it will make it near the top of the list and be one of the first things I work on.
Muftobration

Post by Muftobration »

I also think this would be a great feature, especially for people (like me) who are just learning. In music sequencers such as Sonar and Cubase, I believe this is called step-sequencing.
ABL

Post by ABL »

STOP MODE

I am also learning and would find stop,pause, mode would be very beneficial. I hope they will be added soon. I would also like to have music scores above also so that we can know the timing etc. I guess even if we had the music score separate but still had the stop/pause mode as was mentioned in other posts it would still be alright. I like the big keyboard but would like to play the notes myself with my keyboard but in the timing I need... as I am learning.

I am a grandmother of 8. Five are presently learning piano. When this game is finished, I will very likely buy one for them.
Good work! :D