Repeat/Looping improvement is needed in Practice Song Rhythm

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

If you have a loop for example from measure 5 to measure 8 in Practice Song Rhythm when you play the last note of the measure 8, the loop starts immediately from the measure 5. You don't have a second to breathe between the end of a loop and the beginning of a new one.
How can we fix that?
Easy if the loop is from measure 5 to measure 8, the loops should start in measure 4, but Synthesia don't start with combos, errors and extra notes until measure 5.
This is also useful if the loop is not from the beginning an specific measure, it should starts always from the measure before to measure that has the first note of the loop
If the loop is form the measure 1 (0.0 seconds) it has to start like if you were playing the song from the first time.

If the loops start always in the measure before the loop we want to practice and the metronome is on, it can help us with the Rhythm.

This idea can make even better one of the best feature of Synthesia.
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
DC64

Post by DC64 »

I like the idea. It would have to be a :add #seconds for #loop?: option.
I want this in the voting list.
"And now for something completely different."
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

vicentefer31 wrote:You don't have a second to breathe between the end of a loop and the beginning of a new one.
How about if the falling notes approaching after the end of the loop were actually the notes from the next iteration of the loop? That is... the only sharp jump that you'd see on the screen would be the timeline skipping backward. The notes wouldn't skip at all and you would always be able to see the upcoming stuff, loop or not.

Would that also solve the problem?

Which solution do you like best?

That's always the way I had envisioned tackling it. In fact, until that is complete, I don't really feel like the loop feature is finished.
Lemo

Post by Lemo »

Nicholas wrote:the notes from the next iteration of the loop
Haven't tested much loops so far, but seems like a neat idea
Stuff & experiments for Synthesia: Gramp v0.2SkinboxFireSynthVideoWebradio
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

And other option:
-After the end of the loop the games goes again to the beginning of the loop like now
-but the game is in pause
-The loop starts again when you play any note
- if the first note of the loop is a C4 and you play C4 then you have a note right but if you play another other note you start the loop with an error.

I like the idea about a "pause" between loops because in this "pause" we can see our score, if we are making too much errors or maybe we are playing the loop very well and we should increase the song's tempo ...
Picasso: I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I actually like that pause thing, too.

Combining smoothly-seamed loops like I mentioned before along with the option of pausing after each iteration would make that feel really nice.
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

like-boton.png
like-boton.png (1.76 KiB) Viewed 13543 times
Lemo

Post by Lemo »

Stuff & experiments for Synthesia: Gramp v0.2SkinboxFireSynthVideoWebradio
DC64

Post by DC64 »

untitled.png
untitled.png (7.91 KiB) Viewed 13537 times
"And now for something completely different."
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

You people are going to force me to lock this topic, aren't you? :lol:
TonE
Synthesia Donor

Post by TonE »

+1 :lp:
vicentefer31

Post by vicentefer31 »

:?:
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Alright, what is going on over here again? It's been a while...

Are all those +1's for the "Pausing after a loop" thing? Or are they to have a seamless note (and sheet music) display that takes into account loops, so there is no jarring hiccup when it's time to loop?
dado

Post by dado »

Hi Nicholas,

In one of your last posts you say you liked both the pause and the smooth visual looping.
I guess all the thumbs up, likes, and +1 are for that post.

I like the pause idea.
For the visual aspect, I have a slightly different request (although smooth is always good :) )
I'd like to be able to set the loop region in the music sheet, and zoom the sheet to show only that region so that there are no page turns.
If interacting with the music sheet in that manner is not that easy, maybe at least the zooming part?
Of course it would be nice to also have that region show in multiple lines if necessary, but I guess that's part of another improvement you're working on.

Thanks a lot!
Dado