Paste Played by Mode to all

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
SynthLover

Post by SynthLover »

I have had this feature in mind for along time now i.e., I usually play half my songs in 'play by synthesia' mode and half in 'played by me' mode.
But whenever i want to change all tracks played by mode i have first select one track as played by me then copy it and then paste it. can u make some system so that i can do all this in one click.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

There should be a "Paste to All" button in the top-right corner of that screen. Let me know if it's missing for some reason. (The little lightning bolt icon next to it is a "Reset All", too.)

In the latest development preview that just went up earlier tonight I made them a little bigger and included text on the buttons. They're easier to spot now.
SynthLover

Post by SynthLover »

I know about that Paste to all button. the problem is that before pasting to all, i have to copy the played mode and also change a particular track's played by mode. this results in 3 clicks whereas i want all this in 1 click. also in your game settings there is a default to set for played by mode but that does not work.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

SynthLover wrote:... whereas i want all this in 1 click.
Are you able to use the simplified view? That lets you switch between modes in multiple parts, (in the latest preview: pick the play mode), and launch the song all in one click.

The requirement is that each hand is only one track at most (or combined into one track). If you use the tiny hand icon just next to the track mode, you can set a left and a right part. After that it will show up in the simple view by default. Does that help solve the problem? I made the simple view specifically to make those kinds of operations faster.
SynthLover wrote:... in your game settings there is a default to set for played by mode but that does not work.
The "default" it's referring to there are songs that Synthesia has never seen before. The very first time you've ever loaded them. After that it stores any settings you used previously.

To actually get the intended effect from that setting on songs that you've played before, the "Reset All" button will pop them back over to the current default.
SynthLover

Post by SynthLover »

Thanks your last line was the solution to my problem.