Turning on and off features

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
nnxion
Synthesia Donor

Post by nnxion »

Hi, first of thank you Nicholas for all you have done and will do! I've been using Synthesia since version 0.4 and I love it!

It would surely be nice to be able to turn features on and off.
I like most features to be like that, sometimes I switch back to an older version of the game because I can't turn off some of the new features in the newer versions.

It would be awesome if there would be an option screen in a future release where we can turn features on and off.

Features where my thoughts are thinking of are the "spark effect", vertical lines and the area which shows the score (as it takes up part of the screen).

Thank you so much!
nnxion
Synthesia Donor

Post by nnxion »

Oh, one more thing. In previous versions, there was an option for seeing how many notes there were and how many were played. Is that still there (but hidden from the eye)? Or is that coming back? That'd be one of those options that would be great to turn/off.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hi nnxion, thanks for the feedback.

An option screen should be added around the 0.6.3 (November 2007) time frame. It will be pretty minimal at first, but I hope to fill it out with as many of the requests (like yours) as I can.

In particular, being able to turn off the entire bottom-of-the-screen display during game play is a good idea that I hadn't considered yet. That also seems like it would be handy for a "MIDI Viewer" mode that Synthesia already sort of doubles as.

Otherwise, turning off the spark effect is an automatic candidate to be there simply because it could hamper performance on low-end systems.

Now about the "number of notes" display you're talking about. I believe I've moved that over to the end-of-song statistics screen. You're saying you're interested in seeing the number change on the play screen as the song rolls?
nnxion
Synthesia Donor

Post by nnxion »

Nicholas wrote:You're saying you're interested in seeing the number change on the play screen as the song rolls?
Hi Nicholas, thank you for your prompt reply. I am indeed talking about that. It was there in version 0.4, after that it was gone I think.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I suppose I could put that back in there then. The orange bar that increases to the right (just below the keyboard) graphically depicts both the number of "You Play" notes you've played vs. the notes you missed. It wouldn't be hard to also display the numbers themselves right in the middle of the bar.

Added to my list.
nnxion
Synthesia Donor

Post by nnxion »

Nicholas wrote:I suppose I could put that back in there then. The orange bar that increases to the right (just below the keyboard) graphically depicts both the number of "You Play" notes you've played vs. the notes you missed. It wouldn't be hard to also display the numbers themselves right in the middle of the bar.

Added to my list.
Was this supposed to be in there this version (o.62) or is this going to be in 0.63?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sorry, "added to my list" is a little vague. It will be in 0.6.3 like I just announced here.
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

Thx in advance for options turn off sparkle cause slow display on my p3 128 mo sdram
Maybe an option for coloring vertical lines or a shadow of the keyboard ll be more cunfortable i mean white and black keys in all the screen but with a grey mask
and option to cover all the larger off the screen like older versions
anyway i love ure soft

soory for my english am french