Labels modifying & hand simulation for PARENTS GUIDANCE

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
bonekamut

Post by bonekamut »

:D Hi to whoever made this game, it's fantastic.

We agreed, that it is so hard for people to read the music notes in sheet while there's a better way to make it more fun.
This game is really educates people.
First of all I just wanna share my review on this game, since I'm not using it to play, I'm using synthesia as parents piano guidance.
I'm a piano teacher, and most of parents complains about how their kids don't want to practice etc etc,, even their kids were practicing, they will not know either the song played is right or wrong (since the parents disable of playing and reading piano notes). I'm using sibellius program to remake the classic repertoire songs and export the midi files. Buuutttt,,, there's something missing when it's visualized in synthesia keyboards/ sheets.

1. Why we have to chose either one of the labels on keyboards or note? Why you don't make it two or more labels able to be activated at once? (For example, activate both name do re mi and a b c letter, or maybe activate do re mi and the fingering number labels)
2. Please unlock the modify modes of labellss,, it is so annoying when I see F# and Ab beside it, it will be better if we use # (sharp) for all of black keys, or b (flat) at once, or maybe a mode of turn on the labels on white keys only. Or even we can type our own labels (In my country, we rarely use 'Ti', we called it 'Si', so it will be do re mi fa sol la si do)
3. It's easy for me to know where the middle C is, how if other people don't know? Any helps on middle C mark on synthesia keyboards?
4. Automatic fingering numbers please,, with pattern repeats memory in it.
5. Will you provide a hand simulation, so (for example) when people press index finger to thumb, there will be a animated gif of a hand from up above angle pressing the keyboard notes. This feature will be helpful when a song has a lot of 'turn over fingering' (picture visualization always win at every communication skills rather than numbering). Adult hands are wider than children, so the notes range in one hand is different. Adults can reach 8-11 notes with one hand (thumbs to little finger) while children are 6,7, or 8 notes in a hand. So the hand simulation maybe different. However teacher usually provide adults hand fingering number and push children to make a little jump from thumb to little finger if the notes range are too far.
6. I wrote a crochet note ( quarter note) on sibellius, and it ends with a staccato notes in synthesia sheet music :?
7. Notes name on sheet music? Dynamics symbols on the sheets?
8. I don't know either there's a dynamic options for midi or not, if it exist in synthesia, it will be great! :D if it is not, can you make it? So when people hear the midi song, they will hear dynamic changes like soft or loud, or cresendo or decresendo. It feels so flat to hear piano midi without dynamic of the song.
9. Midi creator in synthesia? Sheet editor?

There's a lot of things to say, may be I'll add it another time.
Thanks for the developer. I'll promote this game to everyone. :D :D

One more thing, can you make a 'agree' symbol in this forum beside each of thread names, so when people agreed with other people ideas, they can instanly press the button. Thankyouu :D :)