Loop Mode improvement

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
jlb

Post by jlb »

Hi all,
First I would like to thank Synthesia team for this wonderful tool.
I've found that loop mode for songs is a little bit confusing just after loop ends since there is a jump in the notes that you have to play again. It would be great have a little time to put yourself together before loop start (just in the same way application works when a new song begins) or even better, just play the loop as a endless song, so you can see the coming notes when the loop is ending.
Thanks for your support.
Best regards.
JLB
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Nicholas has said that playing the loop as a endless song is his goal.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5115

Now that I have used loops for awhile, I would add a request that the score for the loop be displayed in large characters in the center of the screen between iterations of the loop. I am not able to make much use of the small loop scoreboard off to the right because it takes too much time to comprehend. In this regard, it would be worthwhile to look at Rock Band 3's handling of loops in the learning modes.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
jlb

Post by jlb »

Upsss... really sorry to repeat a request. However +1 to this feature since it will be awesome.
Thanks for your response Jim.
Regards.
JL
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Don't feel bad about the repeat. The only reason I could find my request, which was also a repeat, was because I remembered that I had posted it. I figured I'd tie the two together so the next person has a better chance of finding the discussion.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
Sken

Post by Sken »

Hello everyone !
I find Synthesia VERY helpfull for working piano, thanks a lot to Nicolas !
Would it be possible to save a loop, so that it´s not necessary to create it again each time we have leaved the application ?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I'm having trouble remembering why I used to take a stance against saving loops. I can't think of any good reasons.

It also just occurred to me that I've been promising the loop improvements mentioned earlier in this thread for years now and that it's probably time to do it. So I just scheduled them. I'll do both (smooth loop overlap and loop saving) during 2013, most likely in the Synthesia 10 release.
Sken

Post by Sken »

Thank you so much :P :P :P