How about user created content? :D

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
kumori
Synthesia Donor

Post by kumori »

I have an idea, I was thinking something similar to "custom campaigns" in some games. Letting users create levels from midi files. Setting victory conditions such as completing 2 of 3 songs to unlock the next level. Or beating a certain score, maybe doing it a certain number of times, maybe doing it in a row as well. First level could be left hand only, second level could be right hand, and third level could be both etc.

There has to be rewards, of course. Let's say that one user makes a campaign from his self-created song, making levels from different versions with increasing difficulty. And after you've completed them all, the reward is a mp3 with the song as it should sound. A reward could also be an image, maybe a nice wallpaper. Or why not simply text? For each level you complete you unlock the next part of a exciting story. If you let users create the content, the possibilities could be endless. :]

This would of course require some kind of campaign editor, and a campaign file format able to contain all other stuff. And I realize somthing like this will land really low on the priority list and it would require tons of work, but it's just an idea so don't lose any sleep over it! :mrgreen:

And if campaign is a word that only fits in context with wargames, you'll have to excuse my english :? Though I'm sure you can figure o
ut what I mean. :lol:
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, that's a way more advanced version of a couple smaller features I already had on my list.

Specifically, two ideas:
- The ability to arrange "concerts" where you play several songs in a row. (The reward idea is a nice touch, although I suspect I'd have trouble ever being able to license MP3 versions of songs.)
- The ability to have users record their own songs (along with an existing song as background music or from scratch layering one track at a time).

I suppose giving the ability to create a "concert" out of the user-created section would make that mostly possible.