Have the hands on the screen at all times.

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
dboyce91

Post by dboyce91 »

If the hands were always at the bottom where the keys are with numbers instead of dragging "Finger Hints"

If the hands can tell you what finger to press and you brain is triggered by the light, it may become simple to only focus on the notes falling in their pertaining note instead of fingering number for a hint and only learning the notes on a keyboard when seeing the keys resting at the bottom of the screen.

It just seems like over-processing of unnecessary activity.

However, even though I am a go' getter with muscle memory, when I want to look at the screen only it is difficult to look from a big light up keyboard to a very small computer screen. I am waiting to get a big T.V and use a H.D cable so I can play it on a T.V With the keyboard in front of me so my head processes things more like a focal point instead of one extreme to something smaller.

Having a big T.V and a Big Keyboard, you'd only need to look at the keyboard for hints.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

dboyce91 wrote:Having a big T.V and a Big Keyboard, you'd only need to look at the keyboard for hints.
Yeah, the setup I use personally is a large'ish monitor (27" touchscreen) suspended right in front of the keys using a monitor arm.

At that point you can zoom in just right so the on-screen key width matches the physical keys. After that, there is no switching back and forth... they're the same thing. Then you can use the little slider that appears when you pause a song to hide the on-screen keys, so the falling notes fall directly to the real keys.