Improving the sound quality of the synth

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

I noticed how you fixed the crash that happened when switching midi synth to off, and I noticed how the instruments sound better than before, so you're remaking the whole synth.
However, the synth suffers from static alot, and you can get rid of it can't you?

I would also like to see more customising without root, like changing colour of the piano and everything, and even adjusting transparency, and loading of textures. You're also working on more colours, but textures would be awesome!! I could make the piano look older in the game like wood, or stone using an image, and then making a texture pack and then applying it! I'd love to see textures come to android because they can display images.
The notes could be textured too with this! ;)
kiwi
Synthesia Donor

Post by kiwi »

hi Zac image support works already but it's unsupported for know so you 'll need to tweak some files...

About the midi synth i don't see what you mean Synthesia haven't any built in Synth or maybe it have one on android i don't know i use Synthesia on win & mac.
eadmaster

Post by eadmaster »

Possibly the "static" bug Zac mentioned is the same i've noticed in my Android 4.2 setup.
It happens when you jump the current song position multiple times and some notes become "stuck" (continue playing even if they should not).
I usually workaround this by going back and re-starting the song again.
Not sure if this is a system synth bug or Synthesia-related.
currently using:
Synthesia 10 on Android 4.2