sLOW DOWN THE FRICKIN RECITAL!!

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
wolfrhymes

Post by wolfrhymes »

I finally figured out a way to fix the stupid lag that our current technology has limited us and a way to take off the annoying bad habit forming pauses but!!... you have failed with the recital mode! you have not allowed the option to slow down in this mode! which makes practice impossible in this mode. what i did was turn down the volume on my tablet so i would only hear my keyboard and i set the tempo on my keyboard the same as recital mode which is 127. then, i turn on the metronome on my keyboard. when the beat loops, and it hits beat 1 i click recital mode at the same time. this makes perfect timing on my keyboard to the visual game. I can slow down in the game in the other modes but DAMN YOU FAILED WITH THE DAMN PAUSES!! pausing and lagging will cause a person to develop bad habits when playing a keyboard not to mention your ear for music when it comes to timing. all i'm asking is that you either make an option to take out the pauses or allow the option to slow down the recital. please contact me immediately if you plan to fix this. Thank you!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I'm not sure I understand. Recital mode is just the same as Rhythm Practice but in a single pass at 100% speed.

Which lag or pauses are you talking about? Are you playing on a computer or tablet that is having trouble keeping up?
ignat980

Post by ignat980 »

Translation:

Pausing a song in melody practice mode will develop bad habits. I don't like this so I practice in recital mode. I time the start of the song with my keyboard's metronome, when the song playback speed is (I'm assuming) 127% (or 127 bpm). I'm upset that I can't change the speed in recital mode, can you please fix it so that I can adjust the playback speed in recital mode?
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Rhythm Mode is Recital Mode with adjustable speed. Or Recital Mode is Rhythm Mode with fixed speed.

I agree with you that Melody Mode should be used sparingly just to get the notes when you are just seeing a song for the first time. I never use Recital Mode which I understand to be for those who want bragging rights on the currently inoperative (?) public leaderboards. Rhythm Mode is where you should be doing almost all of your learning.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/