Add intro in the exported video made with SVC

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Noxalus

Post by Noxalus »

Hello everyone! :)

I'm using Synthesia Video Creator to export some video from MIDI files using Synthesia, and I noticed that the intro is missing. Unfortunatly, it's in this intro that all information related to the music are given (name, composer, arranger, etc...), and it would be really great if they were included into the video.

Is it something easily doable?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Including the intro was always the intent but we ran out of time for the first version. This is something we'd like to add the next time we update the video creator. (I'm expecting that to be just after the official Synthesia 11 release goes out the door.)
Noxalus

Post by Noxalus »

Thanks for your answer Nicholas. I'm glad to know that it's already planned. Do you have an approximation of when it could be done? Would you be agree to open the sources like you did for the Metadata Editor?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

No estimate, sorry.

And regarding the source: the video creator shares the vast majority of Synthesia's code, so we don't have any plans to open source it. The metadata editor was an easy decision: opening the source can help provide a reference implementation for working with metadata files. That lets users go about making their own tools. There isn't an analogous benefit for opening the video creator (or Synthesia for that matter).