Thank you and a few suggestions

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
jerryclj

Post by jerryclj »

Hi there,

I have been using your software for a while. I am glad to see that it got great customisation and can be used in lots of areas. Just list a few suggestions.
1. MIDI keyboard and piano keyboard can be hide by customization
2. It would be great to support manual turning of pages
3. Send exercise state to 3rd party apps, or api to retrieve such info. i.e. wechat, whatsapp
4. Auto logout. i.e. if timer is set to 30mins, the app would auto lock and/or logout current user
5. Set input-output devices. It can set an appointed equipment according to the institution or user’s reqirements to satisfy the demands to be used in a special place.
6. When making a multi midi track music, it can appoint the right or left hand with the track. For example it can stipulate that the music of the first track or channel is produced by the right hand, the music of the second track or channel by the left hand and the music of the other tracks or channels auto hide and play in the background when the program is loaded.

Thanks again

regards
Jerry
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

1. Pause the song. Drag the blue square that pops out (just above the keys) downward until the keyboard is hidden.

2. I'm afraid I didn't quite understand this one. By scrubbing around in the timeline, you can turn sheet music pages pretty readily. Did you want to turn pages independently from the song's current position?

3. Hmm. I don't anticipate adding "social" features like semi-automatic tweeting anytime soon. If someone is motivated to discuss their Synthesia progress via social media, I will leave the task in their capable hands.

4. You could use a third-party app (like AutoHotKey) to accomplish something like this.

5. Could you explain this one in a little more detail? I wasn't able to understand.

6. We try not to enforce any stipulations on the songs. By making as few assumptions as possible, that keeps Synthesia compatible with more songs. Why were you looking for this feature? To make things easier to share with others? You can use the Synthesia Metadata Editor to import your settings from Synthesia so that it's easier to share them with others.
IvanL

Post by IvanL »

Hi Jerry,

You can usually just set the computer to sleep after a certain amount of time without user input.
On Win7 that is in the power settings.