Chromatic keyboard layout for Launchpad MK2 (and Pro)

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
DevAndArtist

Post by DevAndArtist »

Hi there,

I really like Synthesia and I'm glad I bought a license for it. There only one small piece that is missing for me. I would really love to see support for a chromatic keyboard layout/mapping for the Launchpad MK2 (and Pro).

The Launchpad is able to have up to 4 octaves at the same time. Furthermore the arrow buttons on the right side (MK2 model) are unused. These buttons can be reused to increment or decrement an octave for the current row.

FL Studio pretty much nailed it, except that it's not possible increment or decrement individual octaves: http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=147179

Currently the MIDI map is broken, because it has no real order and is also missing some keys. I already tried to remap the keys using special tools (macOS), but this is really painful and not reliable at all.

I really hope to see some positive feedback on that idea. It would be so awesome if people could learn piano on a different MIDI controller than a piano (including myself). :)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, there aren't any tools provided by Novation (as part of the driver or whatever) that let you remap it however you want? I would have expected for a product that's essentially one big remappable surface that they would have included some robust tools for that.