Focus on one instrument only

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
songnes

Post by songnes »

I am trying to listen to a midi arrangement, like bass, guitar, violins, trumpet, piano, drums and so on, but see the falling notes only for the piano, or only for the guitar, while listening to the whole arrangement. Is it possible to do that? and if it is, can someone share with me how to do it? thank you.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

When you Continue after selecting a song, there is a button labeled "Hands, Colors, and Instruments". Click the color button for the instruments you don't want to see and select the gray box with the red X at the bottom of the list.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
songnes

Post by songnes »

I have no idea who made this software, but it's GREAT!, Thank you very much. One more little detail... When I use de Synthesia Video Creator, is there a way to use the same GREY button to hide all the other music and just show the piano? I want to create a video with synthesia video crator, but I don't see the grey buttons to hide the "parts" I don't want to see. Thank you
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

As long as you exit Synthesia completely before launching the Video Creator, the video should use all your same settings from Synthesia.

(Synthesia saves your settings when it closes. The Video Creator loads those settings when it first opens.)