Notes pressed labelled on top of virtual Keys

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.

Postby ChrisTitof972 » 12-21-17 7:11 am

Hi,

Could we have Synthesia have a bar on top of the virtual keyboard showing the name of the notes pressed (even when playing multiple notes together, each note lit up would also display the name of the individual notes on that bar above each individual notes.
I use Synthesia (because I prefer its looks and responsiveness in terms of low latency with midi input compared to any of the other 2 software I have) to teach piano to others and this feature would make like sooo much easier.

an eample is shown on the picture 1 below (screenshot taken from a software called MidiCulous)
1.png
1.png (110.81 KiB) Viewed 391 times

or like picture 2 below: screenshot taken from another like software called ChordieApp
2.png
2.png (60.67 KiB) Viewed 391 times

I anticipate your reply

Kind regards,

Chris
ChrisTitof972

Postby Nicholas » 12-21-17 4:53 pm

Have you already seen the label options in Synthesia? (Click the "La" icon at the top-right.)

Is the contrast you're drawing that the labels should only appear when a key is pressed instead of at all times? That would be similar to adding labels to the falling notes vs. having them on the keys at all times.
Nicholas

Postby ChrisTitof972 » 12-21-17 6:36 pm

Hi,

Yes I have explored the La option in the top right corner, but I actually am looking to explore if an option to have just a simple horizontal bar that the names of the notes pressed would be written upon whilst one plays, just as it is displayed in the pictures I attached on my original post.

Let me know if that is something worth considering as it really would help my students when I start recording piano video tutorials.

Kind regards,

Chris
ChrisTitof972

Postby ChrisTitof972 » 12-21-17 6:40 pm

sorry I understand better your question after re-reading your response:

So yea, I am only referring of an option to have the labels shown on a fixed horizontal bar on top of the keys, but these notes labels ONLY shown when a key is pressed (just like it does on the falling notes.
On y recordings, I crop out the screen capture to only have the virtual keyboard without the falling note area.
ChrisTitof972

Postby Nicholas » 01-10-18 4:37 am

(Sorry for the wait on this.)

I think I understand now. In that case, if both of the apps you've shown above already have exactly the feature you're looking for and your intent is to crop out the parts where Synthesia differs, are there other reasons you'd like Synthesia to have this feature too?
Nicholas

Return to Feature Requests