iPad optimization

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
rewind3487

Post by rewind3487 »

Synthesia is hands down the best software on the market for learning piano! Seriously, great app! I had a feature request. I'm trying to teach myself sheet music, and only rely on falling notes when I'm hitting a problem area. I notice though, especially as songs are getting more complicated on piano, that the notification telling me how often I'm hitting notes and the counter on the top right telling me how many errors I'm making overlaps over the sheet music. If I adjust it while in the particular song, it recognizes what I'm trying to do and adjusts it for that session. However, when the song is over and I return back to play it again, it conflicts in exactly the same way.

I almost want the option for the falling notes to play background to reading sheet music. I want to be able to switch back and forth between them when I want, but when my focus is reading sheet music, anything getting in the way of that dampers the experience a bit.

Hopefully this makes sense! Let me know if you have any questions or need a screenshot.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The score box appearing over the sheet music is a bug. We've already fixed it internally and it will show up in the Synthesia 10.5 update.

And while switching between falling notes and sheet music will properly supported in Synthesia 11 (where you'll be able to toggle between them independently, with full-screen sheet music when the falling notes are hidden), a workaround in the meantime is to head over to Settings --> Shortcuts and bind the "Toggle All Notes Hidden" shortcut to something. That shortcut hides the falling notes. (On the iPad, one nice type of shortcut is a Pedal+Note shortcut. Synthesia can interpret your pedal as a kind of Shift or Ctrl key. So you could assign that shortcut to Pedal + the lowest note on your keyboard or something similar.)
lpzas

Post by lpzas »

How do I create the shortcut? The screen says “hit any key on any device” but nothing I do with the ipad or keyboard registers ( the screen just stays the same). Thanks for any help.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Which shortcut? A few of them require a value-based input (like a mouse scroll wheel, pitch bend wheel, MIDI slider, etc.). For those shortcuts, regular "single" inputs (like key presses or mouse clicks) can't be bound.