Problem when connecting multiple bluetooth devices

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
martin

Post by martin »

Hi!
As a teacher I love the new Bluetooth connectivity where it is possibillity to charge ipad and use synthesia simultaniously. With this feature the ipad app is seriously compatible with the pc app.
I bought 5 Yamaha UD-BT01 and connected them to my keyboards, but I was sorry to find out that once I unplugged the UD-BT01´s Synthesia had forgotten which Ipad that was connected to which keyboard. Furthermore and cannot give the UD-BT01´s different names and thereby pairing them manually.

Am I doing something wrong? If not I would really appriciate a feature where once you paired an ipad and a Yamaha UD-BT01, this pairing was remembered, also if you turn off the power.
Without this, it will hard to use the Bluetooth connected Ipad app in a school situation, where many keyboards are used at the same time.

Thanks in advance!
Greetings Martin
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hi Martin,

(Sorry for the wait on this.)

Regarding devices becoming unpaired when the power is turned off, I believe this is simply the behavior built into the iPad's operating system. Apple gives app developers precisely one command that says "pop open the pairing dialog for MIDI devices". Once a user returns from that screen, if they happened to pair with any new devices, they will pop into the usual list of MIDI devices reported by the system. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't even a way to tell that the new device is or isn't a Bluetooth device. It simply appears as some standard MIDI device.

So this is (another) one of those things that Apple holds very tight control over. There aren't any workarounds that I know about. Sorry!
martin

Post by martin »

Ok..thanks for your reply!
Bad luck!