Show only sheet option

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
SaFteiNZz

Post by SaFteiNZz »

Hey everyone, how are you?

I don't know if any mod does this itself without needing an update from the developers...
Currently you can see the sheet music but only on top of the falling squares and only one line that you can zoom in/out, I would love to only see the sheet having the option to zoom in/out too without overlap the existing option.

Why?

Right now when I wanna learn a song I show the sheet and the falling squares let me expect better what key is the one in the sheet, though when I get used to the song I would like to play watching only the sheet as we all know is the best thing to learn about piano.

What i mean in pics :mrgreen:

Right now:

What I want as a NEW OPTION (NOT OVERLAPING THE OTHER AS THE OTHER IS VERY USEFULL TOO):

A option to hide the piano preview would complement it very well.

I did it with photoshop to make you get my point, it should look like you following a pdf file but having synthesia tracking your errors, play speed %, etc... And let us zoom in/out it.

Hope you agree with me, of course if there's a way to do this already I would be very interested to know it.

Thanks
Kind regards.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This feature is on its way! :D

The upcoming Synthesia 11 release is focused entirely on improving the sheet music, including a full-screen, multi-line display.
SaFteiNZz

Post by SaFteiNZz »

LOVELY!! Can't wait for it ! Thanks! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RobertM

Post by RobertM »

Hi
I love this software, used it to learn how to play, now took up piano lessons to learn all the other stuff, just being able to review sheet music while removing the falling notes etc would be a great way of learning to read music. So looking forward to the new release.
gpaper

Post by gpaper »

This option would be awesome! Is it planned to be supported in the video creator and by command line too?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hopefully. I think the longer term plan for the Video Creator will be to roll it right into the main desktop (PC/Mac) version of Synthesia. That will simplify a lot of things (you'll be able to change settings right before clicking "Export Video", etc.) and the main app already has good support for command-line options.

Synthesia 11 is our top priority, so I'm not planning to make any changes to the Video Creator (or even release a 10.5 version when Synthesia 10.5 goes out), so this project is still a little ways out.
Pianoforever

Post by Pianoforever »

This was one of the question that I want to know... :)

That will be a great Option Full screen sheet where Synthesia wait for the right note..

The other one is..

If there is an update..
Did I do pay for it again.....

Thank you..
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This is actually what we're working on right now. The very next dev preview will be the "multiple lines of sheet music" preview. :)

(And it won't be any additional purchase. An unlock key works in all future versions of Synthesia: updates are free forever.)
sladeburns

Post by sladeburns »

Hey Nicholas,

To piggy back on this thread, I was wondering if the MusicXML file format was flexible enough to add Synthesia commands? For example, I use Synthesia in a classroom setting and would LOVE to be able to lock a particular song into score view ONLY. I would use this for teaching certain concepts and/or summative testing situations. I think an education control partner app would be a loooooong time coming but this would be a great workaround.

Thanks!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, you're right that a classroom admin app is the right place for that sort of thing. I'm not sure about adding extra tags to MusicXML files (although, it'd be nice to find a way to keep MIDI files included in any new features we add, so I'd lean toward a non-MusicXML-exclusive method).

I wonder: is there a reason you'd like to set this on a per-song basis? It'd be very easy to add a small workaround in the meantime to make this a per-machine-installation setting.

And really, the companion app is the correct (eventual) answer. There's a bit of a chicken and the egg problem today: adoption of Synthesia by schools is still rather low (vs. home users) so it's a tough decision to prioritize development time on a major feature that will only benefit classrooms. That said, I suspect the presence of such a feature would go a long way toward increasing adoption! :)