On-Screen Keyboard Size Scaling

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
lucoot

Post by lucoot »

Hi,
I like being able to see the on-screen keyboard, but it takes up quite a bit of real estate. It can be lowered down, but two things occur: the white keys and the white key labels get clipped off, and the black keys don't scale. Personally, I'd like it if the black keys reduced in height.

Something like this, where the keyboard is less tall, but you still see white keys:
https://takelessons.com/blog/wp-content ... no-App.jpg

Thanks!

Edit:
Looking at screenshots on this forum it seems other platforms have this ability? Maybe android does too and I just don't know how to do it? :)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The labels being clipped off is a known issue. Sorry! Dragging that blue box down should be a little more of a "squash" than a "tuck".

Really, a pretty good answer to the problem would be the portrait mode request you made in the other thread. There isn't any getting around the fact that a 16:9 screen in landscape orientation isn't ideal for fitting a lot on the screen in addition to a row of piano keys. (The next Synthesia 10.5 beta will promote a previously behind-the-scenes advanced setting to something you can change from the in-game Settings menu -- making it accessible to Android users -- where you can "unpin" the top menu. That buys a little more screen real-estate.)