Note transparency

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

An ingame option that lets you set the transparency of the notes (found in Hands, Colours and Instruments settings of the song)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

I know Jim has suggested sight-reading practice by hiding the current measure in the sheet music area so that you're forced to read and remember ahead of time. I could see a similar effect in the falling note area -- where the notes fade to invisible before reaching the keyboard keys -- that would have the same effect. I think the older DDR games had something like this.

Otherwise, why were you hoping to control the transparency? So you could see the background image/video easier?
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

Its not video creator, it is to allow preferred opacity of the notes. For example, by using a slider, you can make the note partially opaque (75, 50, 25), and so on to 0 or to completely opaque (100). This is really a preference, in which it is optional to the user. Setting it to 0 hides the notes automatically. In other ways, it acts like the note hide you see from the dropdown list of note colours, except it alters opacity and dragging slider to 0 percent hides the notes, and anything above 0 will show the notes as partially transparent. Look at glass for example. That has around 0, and tinted glass(black) around 50-ish. Its like what you see in many programs, you adjust alpha for something, it will fade as you play around with the values.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

So one of my strongest motivations for new features comes when I am able to remove UI elements to make things less complex. And it sounds like your motivation is that you just want new UI elements to play with! :lol: