Google play achievements

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Chompy

Post by Chompy »

For android mobile users, why not have your Synthesia account linkable with Google Play Games (for achievements, scores, leaderboards)? :idea: Many games do it, and I just pictured myself finishing a song on the Synthesia hard ones (that come with the app) and got an achievement.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The trouble with achievements is that each one of our platforms has a different way of doing things (Game Center on iOS, not much on Windows (unless you count Steam?), Google Play Games, etc.), so it would be a lot of work to include it for everyone.

And, while I used to be an achievement hound myself back when these things were first introduced on the Xbox 360, and while I believe they can help guide you to try new/interesting things in a way you may have not considered yourself, I've since started to wonder about the value of having them publicly accessible/visible via one of these system-provided mechanisms. It seems like a list of achievements would be just as useful if it were internal to Synthesia (and we only had to create it once and it worked on every platform).