Request score reset on individual items.

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
birdbrain

Post by birdbrain »

I would love to reset the score each day as I can get 100% on a song one day and then a few days or more time goes by I come back to relearn it. I know the scoring system is kinda flimsy, But still its gratifying to work up from 0 to 100.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

How much granularity are you looking for? "Wipe the scores on the current scoreboard I'm looking at" (say, Melody-only, Rhythm-only)? Or "Wipe everything for this song, even for parts that I've changed hand assignments for in the Hands, Colors, and Instruments screen and can't see right now"?
birdbrain

Post by birdbrain »

Wipe every score in an individual song. I tend to work from left to right when trying to master a piece in Synthesia.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Thinking about this a little more:

I'd want to avoid the option being available by default (to make it a little harder for younger users to click it accidentally). So I'm thinking maybe a toggle on one of the settings screens to enable the feature at all. After that, how about a little trash can icon (the same one you see on the song library screen), off to the far right of the blue bar in the middle of the song setup screen? It would only appear when you're looking at one of the three tabs that have to do with scoring (not the "Instructions" tab) and only when there is data to erase.

Tapping it will give you a big, scary looking prompt asking if you want to delete your performance data. (In the context of being on that bar, which often has a label like "Right Hand • Melody Practice", it might make sense to only clear the scores for that particular configuration. That would be three steps to wipe the whole song instead of just one, but I couldn't imagine a better place for the button and maybe a little more granularity is better. Again, if the user touches it (and confirms it) without really understanding what they're doing, that is less data accidentally removed.

I've tentatively added that to the list for the 10.6 release.
birdbrain

Post by birdbrain »

Nicholas. You are a genius. Thank you for all you do. I hope you are well compensated for all you do here. :geek:
AllNotesCount

Post by AllNotesCount »

Great! Im also looking forward to this.
mucknog

Post by mucknog »

I just installed 10.7 and I can't find the score reset.
Is this already implemented?
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sorry for the relative silence on this feature. It's been three years, which is a little embarrassing. Right now I've got "'Delete scores' trash can icon on song setup screen" on line 674 of the task list. So, while it sounds like it got bumped a little from the "10.6 release" estimate I gave in 2018, it's still coming.