Buttons to quickly add 1, 2, 4 or 8 bar loop

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
emzero

Post by emzero »

I know we can click the Loop button and then drag through the seek bar to create a loop. But I think it would be good to have some extra quick access buttons (and maybe hotkeys) to add a 1, 2, 4 and 8 bar loops from where the "cursor" is currently.
So if I'm at the start of a section (which I usually mark with user bookmarks for each of the sections I want to practice), I want to be able to quickly create a 4 bar loop without having to drag through the seek bar (which sometimes is hard on a tablet if the song is long).
And also maybe adds buttons to halve and double the loop (which I think it's as useful, if not more, as the current buttons to adjust the loop).
And also maybe once a loop is created, show somewhere in the UI how long the loop is: 1 bar, 2 bars, 3.75 bars (which would mean 3 bars and 3 beats in a 4/4 song)

Finally thank you for this amazing app, I've bought it a few years ago and I owe all my piano learning to it.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Check the "Loops" section on the Settings --> Shortcuts screen. There are some hotkeys there to extend/shrink and walk the loop a bookmark at a time. The idea is to create bookmarks at each section (the way you described), and then the "Walk entire loop forward" shortcut (default binding: > ) will create loops around each section in a single key press.