new ipad pro compatibility

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
AntungChen

Post by AntungChen »

Hope the synthesia will support new ipad pro properly :P
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

How doesn't it? I've tested Synthesia on each model year iPad Pro before and it seems to run fine. Is there some feature we're missing?
AntungChen

Post by AntungChen »

I think Synthesia does not adapt to new ipad pro 11inch, resolution does not match, which means there are black bars surrounding them. :P
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

This is very frustrating! All three years now, we've been forced to get an iPad Pro for testing because of a resolution-related reason. The new model I'd tested a couple weeks ago wasn't the 11" size. I wonder if the emulator built into Xcode will work this time around so we don't have to go get one. :?

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!

EDIT: Woo! The Simulator built into Xcode was enough to reproduce the problem. It was the same trouble as the 2nd gen iPad Pro: Apple tries to be "helpful" and refuse to tell the app about the new resolution (in case it's not ready for it) until you change a tiny project setting and rebuild using the newest version of Xcode (released since the new hardware). This will be fixed in the next update. The good news is that we're hoping to release a small bug-fix update to 10.5 in the next couple weeks, so this should be sooner rather than later.
AntungChen

Post by AntungChen »

Thats great to hear that. Thanks for your reply. :p
AntungChen

Post by AntungChen »

Thanks for your works. I've got the update! :p
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Thanks for the follow-up! It's good to hear it's working out in the wild. :D