Speed - iOS

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
Magic73

Post by Magic73 »

Hi Nicholas,

actually (at least on iOS) we can change speed by 10% step. is it possible to set the exact amount of bpm, or at least have a configuration setting where we may choice the size of the step which would be added pressing + or - ?

when learning a new sheet, it would be usefull to increase the speed only by 2-5 bpm.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

There's a Settings → Shortcut for "Speed Up/Down (small step)" that will give you 1% increments instead of 10%. But it's not very easy to use on tablets. You could bind it to some MIDI input, but otherwise it's inconvenient.

I'd like to add a new gesture where you can just drag your finger left or right from the BPM display to have fine-tuning control over the song speed. That seems like it would be ideal for tablet users instead of tapping a + or a - over and over.
Magic73

Post by Magic73 »

Or tapping over bps and ask user for a numeric value…

I'll check this settings, this morning I already looked, but I missed it…. thank you!
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If I can get away without popping up text boxes, I usually like that best of all. (On Android the text box situation is kind of a mess that has to take over the whole screen.) And, in general, if it can be done in fewer interaction steps, I like it more. A finger drag is super fast/easy compared to finding numbers on a keyboard and worrying about cursor locations, etc.
Magic73

Post by Magic73 »

I found it, I don’t check it because I saw keyboard shortcut and I thought that they didn’t work for tablet, so I just ignored them. :lol:
I mapped them with A0 and B0 keys.