Additional volume sliders for each track?

Synthesia is a living project. You can help by sharing your ideas.
Search the forum before posting your idea. :D

No explicit, hateful, or hurtful language. Nothing illegal.
AllNotesCount

Post by AllNotesCount »

Sometimes, it can be useful to reduce the volume of a specific track (without completely muting that track), for different reasons, e.g.:

1) A track is simply too loud/dominant (to your ears / in regard to your personal taste) for your practicing session.
2) Another instrument makes it difficult to listen carefully to your own instrument
3) You want to hear your own instrument louder from the midi than all the other midi instruments, in order to understand and memorize quicker, how your own part should finally sound within the overall arrangement.
4) You want to mainly hear your own playing of your instrument together with the other instruments from the midi, but being slightly backed up by the midi of your own instrument

Therefore: Although the existing click-to mute-options for individual tracks are very important for adjusting the basic setup of a song as quick as possible, volume sliders would be a nice additional option.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

An individual track volume mixer is planned (either for the song setup screen or right on the play screen itself so you can adjust it on-the-fly).

The bad news is that it is a little ways down the to-do list.
AllNotesCount

Post by AllNotesCount »

Cool thing! And no problem if we have to wait for this for quite a while - I'd personally also not see this as top priority. It's just good to know that it's planned :)
barM

Post by barM »

I understand this feature was requested years ago but it seems until now it still not available in Synthesia. I wish it will be implemented soon.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

The "track/part volume mixer" feature is currently on line 530 of the list. (Sorry for the wait!)