Notes are not moved inside the range in Song Recital

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

• If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.

Postby eFse7en » 06-18-17 9:07 am

Hi,
Setting "Notes Outside My Range -> Move Them Inside My Keyboard's Range" doesn't work in Song Recital:
eFse7en

Postby Nicholas » 06-23-17 11:32 pm

Recital mode is intended to provide a baseline that can be compared between players. That is, the score you achieved in recital mode should be able to be directly compared to my recital score while playing the same part of the same song.

To get there, fixing the speed at 100% and disabling song navigation are pretty obvious choices. The keyboard range option is less obvious: someone could tell Synthesia their keyboard was only a single octave. At that point, they could play the entire song without any hand movement. That's quite the unfair advantage, so that setting is also ignored during recital.

(Long ago we even had an online scoreboard that recital scores would get posted to. These days it's a little less critical that recital scores try to be "fair".)
Nicholas

Return to Help and Bug Reports