I am now Android do I need to buy full version?

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
littlepuppie

Post by littlepuppie »

Basically, I have the full paid version of my iPad and now I have an android phone (Samsung S8) and I was wondering can I somehow transfer the paid version from my iPad to my Android? or do I need to buy full version again? :(

Also, do you guys do special offer like a Christmas offer?

Appreciate the help! :)
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

iPad has to be kept completely separate from the other versions, due to Apple's policies. Details here.

Otherwise, an unlock purchased on our website (which currently has a holiday sale running) will work on PC, Mac, and Android simultaneously. Alternatively, you can use the in-app purchase on Android for about 1/3 the price, which works on Android (with an option to eventually "upgrade" it to a full PC/Mac/Android unlock just for the difference in price).
littlepuppie

Post by littlepuppie »

Oh i see thank you. May I ask will you be doing a sale for the andoird store? it is currently £7.99. If yes I would prefer to wait and I will use my ipad for now.

Also does the Andoird mobile version (Samsung S8) work with the Bluetooth midi? I use the Bluetooth midi for my ipad so I was wondering will it work on my android too? I never used Sytnesia on mobile before so I want to make sure before I buyfull version :)

edit - this is the bluetooth midi I am talking about https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/produ ... hREALw_wcB
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Because the mobile prices are already very low, we usually keep them at the same price all year long.

Regarding BLE MIDI support on Android, I have even more bad news: that is our last platform where we don't support it yet. We are hoping to incorporate the new MIDI features added to Android 6, which would include Bluetooth support automatically, but we haven't had a chance yet.
littlepuppie

Post by littlepuppie »

oh wait what??? Do you know when you will add that feature?
also what wires do I need to connect my digital keyboard to my android phone? Im so sad. The bluetooth midi is soo good too. I mean its wireless and no wires :o
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

We are sad too! I am sorry! This is something we'd like to add sooner rather than later (especially now that Synthesia 10.4 finally added BLE MIDI support to Windows 10, leaving Android the last straggler).

For wires, our Keyboard Help page has you covered.
littlepuppie

Post by littlepuppie »

Nicholas wrote:We are sad too! I am sorry! This is something we'd like to add sooner rather than later (especially now that Synthesia 10.4 finally added BLE MIDI support to Windows 10, leaving Android the last straggler).

For wires, our Keyboard Help page has you covered.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaw :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do you know roughly when it will be added? You can be honest with me. My brain is telling me it's going to be years lol. I've been waiting for 14 years for the announcement on half life 3 and that was painful because it's still not been announced but this is too much :oops:
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

It is safe to say it will be fewer than 14 years! :lol: (I'm also waiting for HL3! :D )

But no, I've been talking to Timothy about adding Android 6 MIDI support while I'm still working on Synthesia 11. So there is a chance it will be done even sooner than the next major release. Worst-case scenario is that it will be added shortly thereafter.