Sustain When Paused

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

• If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.

Postby lucoot » 05-23-18 3:55 pm

Hi,
My piano work-flow is to open the song in "Listen & Watch", listen to a portion, then pause it to practice. I prefer to practice with the keys stationary rather than moving DDR/Guitar Hero style. The problem is, that whatever notes are part of the song at the moment of pausing it, will have a sustain when you press those keys yourself. Other keys will not have a sustain. I am able to get around this be moving up and down after pausing, which sort of clears those keys, but it's a slight annoyance.

Thanks!
lucoot

Postby Nicholas » 05-25-18 4:20 am

Hmm, the "right" answer here is probably to add better tools to the other practice modes (or perhaps a completely new practice mode) that better facilitates your style of playing smaller chunks at a time and alternating between listening and practicing. That would be useful in a much larger way to many users.

The short-term answer is that pausing should probably silence any notes that are currently playing.
Nicholas

Return to Help and Bug Reports