Bug with the "pace encrytion" [CLOSED]

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
xame

Post by xame »

Hello everyone

I bought synthesia for one reason, i want use synthesia only the sheet music system. I dont want use the color keyboard.

The problem is that my sheet music (dowload on musecore in .mcsz) are not the same in Synthesia and in PDF.

The "pace encrytion" (sorry i dont know how to say this word in English) isn't the same. The encryption in PDF is in 4/4 and when i playd on synthesia this is in 1/4. The enterely sheet music is not the same and it's disturb me for playing.

I use musecore to convert the .mcsz in .mid

Someone can help me with that?

Did i be clear ? Sorry about my English :D

Thanks
Last edited by xame on 02-15-20 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

If the time signature is showing up incorrectly in the MIDI version of the song, it sounds like the song isn't being exported by the software correctly.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

No need to apologize for your English. It is much better than any foreign language I might attempt.

To help you improve your English, I think the phrase you want for "pace" is "time signature," which is the beats per measure. Example: A time signature of 4/4 indicates 4 quarter notes per measure. Rather than "encryption" which means hiding information so only intended recipients can read the encrypted message, you probably want "encoding" which means expressing information in some standardized form. In this case, there is a way of encoding a time signature according to the MIDI standard so it can be included in a MIDI file.

If you are interested in using Synthesia to display sheet music that you prepare with MuseScore, you will want to use the MusicXML feature that will be in Synthesia 11. By exporting a MusicXML file from MuseScore, all the nuances of the sheet music created by MuseScore will be available to Synthesia for the sheet music display. No, no one knows when Synthesia 11 will be released. We only know that Nicholas has a long to do list to get through before releasing Synthesia 11.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
xame

Post by xame »

Nicholas wrote: 02-12-20 1:50 pm If the time signature is showing up incorrectly in the MIDI version of the song, it sounds like the song isn't being exported by the software correctly.
Thanks you for the answers, do you know how to correctly exported the midi?
jimhenry wrote: 02-12-20 6:44 pm To help you improve your English, I think the phrase you want for "pace" is "time signature," which is the beats per measure. Example: A time signature of 4/4 indicates 4 quarter notes per measure. Rather than "encryption" which means hiding information so only intended recipients can read the encrypted message, you probably want "encoding" which means expressing information in some standardized form. In this case, there is a way of encoding a time signature according to the MIDI standard so it can be included in a MIDI file.
Thanks for the lesson :D, i said pace encryption because google tall me that and immediately i knew that it's not the way to say that :D.
jimhenry wrote: 02-12-20 6:44 pm If you are interested in using Synthesia to display sheet music that you prepare with MuseScore, you will want to use the MusicXML feature that will be in Synthesia 11. By exporting a MusicXML file from MuseScore, all the nuances of the sheet music created by MuseScore will be available to Synthesia for the sheet music display. No, no one knows when Synthesia 11 will be released. We only know that Nicholas has a long to do list to get through before releasing Synthesia 11.
I saw this on the forum, i'm hurry that Synthesia 11 comes out :D,

for now, synthesia can read exactly the sheet like i see it in PDF ? or the soft actually doesnt read all the nuance of the sheet music?
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

For now, Synthesia does what it can with a MIDI file. MIDI is only intended to convey a performance, not music notation. The display of sheet music for a MIDI file requires a lot of guess work to come up with reasonable notation for the performance described in the MIDI file. Also coming in Synthesia 11, and already showing up in the 10.x previews, are improvements in the sheet music generated from MIDI files. But Synthesia will never be able to generate really high quality sheet music from a MIDI file. There just isn't enough information in a MIDI file for that.
Jim Henry
Author of the Miditzer, a free virtual theatre pipe organ
http://www.Miditzer.org/
xame

Post by xame »

Ok i will wait before use synthesia like i want.

Thank you for you answer