roland FP-10 output not playing with Fire 8 HD

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
docunagi

Post by docunagi »

Hello,

I am trying to connect correctly my Roland FP-10 to synthesia.
I have a Amazon Kindle fire HD 8 (fire os 5.3.7.0) and synthesia (last update 5491) on it.
The piano (Roland Fp-10) is connected with an USB cable.
I have no trouble configuring and connecting the piano as an input device.
Meaning that I can play without any problem.

When I select the Roland Fp-10 as the output instead of the built-in midi,
I can play the songs through the piano, in the preview window (where the list of songs are).
But when I launch a song and want to practice the right hand and let
Synthesia play the left hand, for example, through the piano output, the piano stop playing.
As if the sound was turn off by the app. I have to restart the piano to get the sound back.
I does not happen when I am selecting Built-in midi as output, only with the Roland.
Anyone one could help me to resolve this problem ?

thanks in advance.
docunagi

Post by docunagi »

restarting the tablet put ieverything back in order. The new synthesia update resolves it all :) thanks !
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm happy to hear you found a solution. Sometimes Android-based tablets like the Fire can be a little flaky. It's strange to think we've re-entered the days where "have you tried restarting it?" is good advice again, but that's the world we live in. :lol: