Input latency with smartphone USB C converter

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).
  • If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
  • If you have a Logitech webcam and can't get your keyboard/adapter to work, see this post.
xlar8or

Post by xlar8or »

Hello i have the E-MU Xmidi 1x1 Interface to connect to my computer and it works fine except for a very slight input delay that doesn't bother me too much. The problem i'm having is that I recently got a new smartphone that has an micro usb c port so in order to to connect my piano to the smartphone i purchased this converter:

When running Synthesia it detects everything and the output seems flawless, the input on the other hand is beyond lagging, i'm talking 3 or 4 seconds delay from when i press the key till the E-MU Xmidi 1x1 Interface register the blue light. Is this the converter's fault or am i doing something wrong?

Thank you.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

xlar8or wrote: 09-10-20 2:29 am... the input on the other hand is beyond lagging, i'm talking 3 or 4 seconds delay from when i press the key till the E-MU Xmidi 1x1 Interface register the blue light.
This sounds like something we used to hear about with the Xmidi 1x1 when plugged into computers. If left powered/connected for more than a day or so (even if the computer was "off"; sometimes a motherboard will still provide power to its USB ports), there would be a multi-second delay like you described.

The workaround was just to unplug both sides of the adapter for a couple seconds to reset whatever bad state it had gotten itself into. I'd even witnessed the behavior myself, so I got into the habit of just leaving the adapter disconnected until I went to use the digital piano again.

Does that same workaround do the trick with your Android device?