Synthesia cannot see Rd 2000

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
canoesailer

Post by canoesailer »

I have a new IPad 12.9 and a Roland rd2000. I have been using Synthesia for years with few problems.
I am unable to get Synthesia on my Pro to recognize my keyboard. I can control iFretless sax with rd2000 in the background but Synthesia will not recognize notes. I have opened all opened options with and without iFretless but Synthesia will not see the rd. My old iPad works fine with this configuration.

I am using a midi plus device that has and still works with my old Mac Pro and Roland BK7m module.
I am using a QGeeM hub for midi in and audio out, both work fine with Ravenscroft, IFretless igrand, etc.

What am I missing?
canoesailer

Post by canoesailer »

Seems my third re-start has fixed the problem. So far anyway.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Hmm, sorry for the trouble. Lately the whole iOS ecosystem has felt a lot less stable than it did 8 years ago when it was first released.

Let me know if you run into any other trouble!
almar12

Post by almar12 »

Is MIDI output working for you in synthesia?

I am also using an iPad pro but whenever notes are sent from iPad to the piano it doesn't always seem to work, only a few notes go through. Just curious if you have the same issue.