How to transfer Synthesia Midi from iPad A to B??

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Skipper57

Post by Skipper57 »

Hello all
I am a new user of this great app on iPad Air2 and iPad Pro 12.9” (2020). Have started to work on my first few songs to separate LH and RH as well as fingering info. As time goes by, my collection will grow and I want to do back-ups of my work - as well as transfer my songs from iPad A to B. In my “Files” could only find the original Midi-File - without RH/LH and fingering info. How do I proceed best? I am running iOS 14.2 on both machines.
Thank you so much for your help.
almar12

Post by almar12 »

Don't think it is possible.

Quick question though, when connecting your iPad pro to your piano with midi using synthesia, does your midi output work? Does your piano make consistent sound when sending notes from ipad to piano?
Skipper57

Post by Skipper57 »

I have used the standard Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth dongles to connect my iPad Pro 12.9” (2020) and my iPad Air2 (both on iOS14.2) with my Yamaha Genos keyboard. The MIDIMITTR app runs to make the make the dongle visible to Synthesia. From time to time need to kill and restart Synthesia when a tone or a key gets stuck.. Not ideal, but not a big problem either.

I am more worried about saving my work - and exporting it to my other iPad as BackUp.
almar12

Post by almar12 »

Ah I guess USB-C of the iPad pro's really is the issue then.. Unfortunately, I only have USB-B port on my piano no option for bluetooth I believe.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Skipper57 wrote: 01-06-21 11:17 amI am more worried about saving my work - and exporting it to my other iPad as BackUp.
Sorry for the 5(!) month wait on this!

There isn't a way inside the app to do this sort of backing up in the iPad or Android versions. (On the desktop we have a tool that can extract the data, but not for tablets.) That said, I've never actually tried the built-in backup capabilities in either of Apple's or Google's OSes. My understanding is that they're supposed to copy the internal "sandbox area" files and restore them on the other device, which should be all it takes to move everything over in Synthesia automatically. Did you ever try this process? Was it successful?