midi changes

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Henry Balaban

Post by Henry Balaban »

HI. I have Synthesia 10.6 installed in my desktop computer with no problem whatsoever. Great software.
I installed it in my laptop and shared my midis (more than 300) on dropbox. Each midi has changes I have made (diferent colors, instruments, turn off instruments, etc). When I run any midi from my laptop, the changes on the file do not appear. They all are like in original without my personal modifications.
What can I do to use synthesia on my laptop with the same midis but with my arrangments.
Thanks in advance.
Pure1108

Post by Pure1108 »

Hi Henry

I believe the changes you have made within Synthesia are stored within that local version of Synthesia, rather than being embedded in the MIDI files themselves.

You may wish to wait until a Dev replies, but I'm pretty sure you need to copy a file from your C:\Users\(YOURNAME)\AppData\Roaming\Synthesia\folder on your desktop to the same folder on your laptop - I'm going to guess it's the songInfo.xml file but, again, you may prefer to wait for someone to confirm that knows what they're talking about. :)

Note that if you replace the file on your laptop, you will lose any preferences already stored within that file.
Henry Balaban

Post by Henry Balaban »

Hi PUER 1108.
Thanks for your reply.
I just copied from the cpmputer to the laptop (from the folder Synthesia to the same Synthesia) all the *.dll files but nothing, same midi files without arrangments.

Hope there are more ideas out there.
Thanks
Henry.
paolov

Post by paolov »

To find the directory where syntesia store changes and settings, you must start synthesia while pressing the shift key,
this way you start the synthesia configuration window, on the lower left of the configuration window you can found
the 'Open Data Folder' button, clicking on it a file manager window open the synthesia data directory, there you can found
all the the files you must copy to the other PC.
I don't know if settings can be shared between different computers
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Yeah, it's the files in Synthesia's data folder that you're looking for.

If you're already using Dropbox to sync the songs, there is a (rather advanced) method of also synchronizing the rest of the things you described automatically. It breaks if you run Synthesia on both computers at the same time (or if they get out of sync by running one when it's not connected to Dropbox), but I give a brief rundown of that method, here.
Henry Balaban

Post by Henry Balaban »

Paolov... THANKS! it works!!!

That was the solution. :)
Henry Balaban

Post by Henry Balaban »

Nicholas, thanks for your help. I'll try your solution. All this help has made me very happy. I could'nt enjoy Synthesia on my laptop as I do on the desktop.... but now its GREAT!
:)