Touchpad Keyboard entry is lagged (IPad)

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Poiuytrewq

Post by Poiuytrewq »

Hi,
when I play some songs the system doesn’t register my keyboard strokes properly in time anymore.

Symptoms; 1) lagged entry (by 1 second) 2) doesn’t register that my finger is still on that note, have to lift it and touch it again 3) after a few seconds of general laginess seems to play 5 keys at one end (without me having touched it)

Further details: This occurs when a song is more complicated (well, from ‘easy’ on), when it’s longer and used more than one hand. It barely happens in the beginning of the song, only from the middle on. It kind of seems like the system is overworked. However, I have an iPad Pro and don’t have any other apps open, so it shouldn’t happen. I’m not using any external keyboard, just the touchpad.
What I’ve already tried but didn’t work: re-started the iPad, re-installed the app

I’d be very happy if you guys have any suggestions on how I could fix this coz I’d love to play something more advanced than ‘row row my boat’ again ;)

Version 10.6.5425
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

That's wild. My first suggestions were going to be the two you already tried. :?

Out of curiosity, which version of iOS is your iPad Pro running? This is more of a coincidence than anything, but I noticed my iPhone's touchscreen behaving almost like you described (long pauses between the touch and the system actually doing something with it) in the Messages app. After the most recent update (just a couple days ago to iOS 14.4) the problem seems to have been cured.