Too many instruments in 'Hands, Colors and Instruments'

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
mng

Post by mng »

Hello,
I have sheet music in Musecore just for flute (melody) and piano (bass+chords). I export it as midi.
This midi is loaded into Synthesia. I always make the setting in "Hands, Colors, and Instruments" at the beginning.
Often there is a bit too much of instruments, but this time it's really much too much - ie there are many more instruments than just one flute and one piano.
I'm attaching a screenshot of Synthesia and screenshot of the beginning of the notes in Musescore.
I don't know why there are so many instruments (I suppose it's a bug) and I don't have the enough strength to figure out so many positions, which of them should I change as flute or as piano. What can I do to avoid this now and in the next songs - something in the Synthesia settings or in Musescore?
I will be very grateful for your help
Regards
Attachments
Musescore.png
Musescore.png (65.3 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Synthesia - Hand, Colors & Instruments.png
Synthesia - Hand, Colors & Instruments.png (845.59 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

How strange. I haven't seen MuseScore export things that way before. All of the tracks with only one note are curious indeed.

If you head over to the Settings --> Advanced screen, try changing the "MIDI Track Channels" option from "Force Unique" to "Use Original". (If you've already been playing the song since you started the app, you may need to load a different song first and then load the first one again before that setting will take effect.)

Does that narrow down the number of tracks present to something reasonable?

(Sorry for the wait on this!)