Problem with scrolling music staff

Trouble with Synthesia, your keyboard, or adapter? Think you found a bug?
When describing problems, always mention your OS and game version (shown at the bottom of the title screen).

If your keyboard has USB or MIDI ports, there is a tremendously high chance (>99%) it will work with Synthesia. See what you'll need on the keyboards page.
Henk ter Heide

Post by Henk ter Heide »

In the practice with both hand view I had to enlarge the staffs to maximum, because my tablet isn't very big. As a result the F-key of the second line of music is hidden behind the onscreen piano. This becomes a problem when you reach the second line.
The second line only scrolls when the first note or chord from the second line is played. But since I can't see it, I can't play it.
The second line should scroll up, the moment you reach it.
Attachments
scrolling problem.png
scrolling problem.png (108.37 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Coincidentally I have been in the middle of fixing this problem for close to a week now. :)

Improving the way you are able to navigate the sheet music and the way it automatically scrolls around has been on the list ever since "Full-screen Sheet Music" went out the door in Synthesia 10.6 back in 2019. The interaction today is very rough and only felt half-finished. What's coming in 10.8 is much nicer and will solve the problem you described, at least in Melody Practice mode.

The situation you described is trickier in Rhythm Practice when you have to keep up. One workaround would be to tuck the keyboard down a little further to see a little more of the sheet music. But really, at that scale (and window size/resolution) the single line view (with the "page flip" animation) is probably the better answer. It's designed to handle the transition between lines a little better.